Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet!

An unexpected morning off from work...the old computer crashed HARD on Friday...and I've had the morning off from the paying job.  But, it allowed me a nice time off to accomplish some things around the house.  I am a "morning" person who is most productive from 5-11 am.  I got to:

Clean the fridge (tonight's dinner of thawing pork shoulder, bag leaked all over the bottom of the fridge...eewww)
Paid bills
Wash the kitchen floor
Make yogurt from scratch
Wash, dry & fold 2 loads of laundry
Put a loaf of bread in the breadmaker
Wash copious dishes with, ummm...questionable...leftovers in them (mold isn't supposed to be on spaghetti sauce, right?)
Get the kids fed and out the door in clean clothes, teeth brushed

And I'm sure I'm not done yet.  I'm awaiting the call that tells me to log back on to my work computer and in the meantime, I'll keep ticking off those chores on the list of things I've been wanting to get done.  Also planning on airing the house out as it's gonna get to low 50's today. 

Yesterday was a day outside as well, I was able to get the chicken coop cleaned out, did a little research on chicken tractors (for raising our meat birds this summer) and read up on some composting ideas.  Also walked the yard here to see where the extended garden will be going in and where we might put a pig or two if we're so inclined to try raising those. Not sure about the pork yet, we're still trying to figure out how they would get to slaughter and where it would be done.  Sure wish we had a mobile slaughterer in our midst.  I keep trying to talk our friend into doing that, there's good money to be had there. 

All in all, I think I've got spring fever BAD.  I'm ready.  It's not been a brutal winter here, in fact very unusually mild as you could see from my last post.  But, I'm a person who's favorite activities take place in the other three seasons of the year. So, yes, I'm ready.  How about you?

~Wishing for warm days and cool nights, ~Peacemom

No comments: