Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Snow Day

As we've finally got some snow falling, we're having a snow day here at Casa de Peaceable Kingdom.  Above is the view from the front door of our humble abode...

Music Man and Maestro are currently deep in the assembly of the Mystery Machine driven by Shaggy and Scooby...

Little Red is the boy always in motion around here.  He's also got the body temp of a reptile as he can withstand cold that I can't understand.  You can see how Music Man and Maestro are dressed above...here's Little Red in his current clothes running about the house throwing the football to himself.  This is a constant activity around here for the two boys.  Ya know...whatever works, that's what I say. 


I have taken the bulk of this week off work with the boys home.  I desperately needed a vacation, and am having to do so without pay this week. That's additional stress for us financially, but I've not had a vacation or day off in 3 years, and I decided I wanted to take some time with my boys this week relaxed and unneeded by anyone else but these three precious men in my life.  So, on my afternoon off, I'm choosing from my current reads to dive into.  Music Man will be starting the fire soon and hot cocoa is brewing.

We spent the morning at the Museum of Science in Boston, but departed for home when the snow started to fall.  Hope you enjoy a snow day checked out yourself.   What's on your reading list?  Leave a comment if you'd like to let me know what I might need to read next!

Snowy peace to you today, ~Peacemom

2 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

The snow will soon be heading our way too. I hope you are enjoying your time off, we all need to recharge our batteries now and again. I have not yet read the book "Folk's This Ain't Normal", please let me know what you think. Tomorrow will be a day spend close to the woodstove! Greetings, Julie.

Jennifer said...

So glad you took some time for you and for your family! You definitely need that to maintain clarity and direction and purpose. :) Best to you in the snow!