Monday, January 10, 2011

Qwirkle


The above is a wonderfully fun new game that my parents got the boys for Christmas.  This is Qwirkle, my friends.  It is a super fun way to pass quarantine while I am laid up with pneumonia.  This is an addictive game that you just want to keep playing, we are really enjoying it.  Little Red has yet to get brave enough to try it out yet (he doesn't love games anyways, but we'll get him to play, I know he'll love it once he does).  Basically, you just match either all one shape or all one color with 6 tiles that you hold to build with.  Once you use them, you replenish from a bag until all tiles are gone.  There's a bit of strategy, a bit of luck and a whole lot of paying attention.  Since I'm under the weather, my attention is not as great as it could be and so Maestro seriously kicked my butt yesterday 237 to 183....yep, kicked it bad.  And he's ultra competitive, and I'm totally NOT, so it didn't matter to me much that he whipped me so badly, but he sure enjoyed getting one on Mom.  See, I can always win at Connect Four and that drives him batty. 

Yep, I don't get sick often, but for some reason when I do, it's always a doozy.  The boys have all had bronchitis, which is where mine started, but then the lungs get to crackling and there's no going back.  Those of you who know me, also know that I don't go to the doctor at the drop of a hat, I really gotta have something no right to go unless it's my annual check up.  But, by Friday night when the fever was 102.6 again for the 5th night in a row, that was enough for me.  No more waiting and seeing, time was up.  So, I went and yep, it's pneumonia and I'm on antibiotics and feeling a little better now on day two of those.

So, you'll forgive me please that last week I was absent, I was pretty sick and will get back in the swing of things soon.  Until then, you can pass the time by playing Qwirkle if you've a mind to.  It's great for family game night in the middle of January in New England. 

Wishing you a Qwrikle butt kicking of your own, ~Peacemom

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you start feeling better soon!!!!