Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friends so dear

G'day to ya!
I've been spending the afternoon with loved friends. They up and moved their adorable little boy all the way down to Texas with them last year. Being home for a visit, they popped by to share some time with us this afternoon. We were blessed. I have a special connection to their son, not really sure why that is, but I was welcoming him long before he was even a glimmer in his parent's eyes. He's adopted from Korea and the minute I saw his little face in the picture his parents emailed to all who had been passing the time with them, waiting for their referral (when they find out who their child will be), I was smitten. He's smart, funny, handsome, adorable and sauciness all rolled into one fetching little package. He and I have had a connection since he came home.

Now, I have my own little men that I have been given, and for them I'm thankful every day. They make getting out of bed in the morning have more meaning then I ever thought possible. Yet, I can appreciate that this little boy is just a spot of sunshine. And two more loving and deserving parents for him do not exist. They are by far some of the finest people I know, and I don't say this lightly. Wonderful hearts, big intellects and the patience to carry this whole parenting thing off. It's amazing to me that after trying so long to have their own biological child, they were granted the child that fit them perfectly. God's grace truly exists. And now, they have told us that they are starting the process to adopt a little brother or sister for him and I know that child will be as blessed as he is to come into that family. They are deeply spiritual people, and knowing that they will be passing their faith and love onto another child is music to my ears. Some people you meet, sometimes you think, perhaps they just shouldn't have been parents. These are two people who were destined for that role and play it naturally.

His mom is one of my favorite people on the planet. She is so filled with grace and light herself. Ahh, am I gushing? Perhaps, but kindred spirits are tough to find and once you do, you never want to let them go. Which is why when she told me last fall that they were moving the baby and themselves all the way to Texas, I was deeply saddened. I miss their presence in our lives, and their fun to boot. They are hysterical. But, I know that the child that will come into their lives soon will be just as loved, wanted and blessed as their son is now. And he'll be an awesome big brother some day. Families are made in so many ways, and I know their children will be so happy to have them for parents as they grow. Adoption is the matching of the hearts that should be connected. Love is not biological, thank God for that. No, really, thank G-O-D.

Wishing you grace in your lives, ~Peacemom

No comments: