Saturday, January 21, 2012

In Another Life


I was going through some old pictures looking for some of the boys and came across a blast from the past.  In 2006, I was hired by a jewelry designer to photograph her pieces for her new website she was developing. I had never photographed jewelry before and had a lot of fun doing this. 

She did use a lot of my work for her website, but didn't find that my pictures were really showing all of every piece, so didn't use them as much for her catalog.  She did love the ones I took for the website, though.



I am much more an artsy person then not, so when she stipulated that she wanted  backgrounds to be in nature for the website, I decided to take the job.   I had a fun time wandering around my property with almost 100 pieces of jewelry and placing them in different areas. 

I also discovered that we had quite a variety of natural surroundings in your 3/4 acre yard! 


It was a unique experience, and I guess techinically made me  a "professional" photographer.  It makes me very much miss my Nikon N65, it's a great camera.  I'm hoping to be able to get a digital camera that I can use it's lenses on.  Developing pictures and film seem so expensive now that digital is free and easy. 

I also miss doing anything creative.  These days, my life is consumed in working, taking care of all the boys in my house, the house itself and carting everyone back and forth to their events.  I'm definitely feeling the need to pick up my camera again.

Wishing you a creative spirit of your own, ~Peacemom

No comments: