This bag of dried buds offered me the opportunity to try them! I thought a spring cookie with lavender would be a nice idea to share with my coworkers. We are an office of all women. I only work in the office one day a week, but thought it would be a nice treat for all of us on my next day on location.
(oh, and for the record, all three guys gobbled them up with an OH, these are AWESOME!...not so girly after all!)
Lavender Tea Cookie
1/2 cup butter (use the real deal, this cookie deserves it)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or lemon juice which make a great flavor addition)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers, crushed
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, vanilla or lemon juice and lavender and mix well.
4. Combine flour and baking powder and add to lavender mixture, stirring until well blended
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet
6. Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
7. Cook on baking sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to cooling rack.
8. When cool, glaze with mixture of powdered sugar and milk, mixed until smooth or sprinkle with colored sugar or lavender sugar.
Makes about 3 dozen