Wednesday, July 22, 2009

III'MMMM BBAAAAACCCKKK!

Hello All!

I know, I know it's been forever. But honestly, if you could see the list of things I have to accomplish each and every day, you'd understand why. Since I started working in March, I've not had a whole lot of time to do anything but work and take care of our lovely offspring. I was determined to find a balance, but I think, as my wise friend told me, accept that right now, there is no balance. That's a tough one to concede, but I think I'm beginning to embrace the concept.

Oh, yah, and we moved in that time frame as well. I know most of you know that already, but it's been something not everyone is aware of apparently. Thus far, we've not found a tenant for our old place yet, and we're leaking money like water basically paying two mortgages, so we're making a tough decision about whether to keep trying to rent or try to sell it. Now that we are out of it and emotionally unattached, the decision doesn't feel as tough to me. I'm aware that it's okay if it goes, in fact I would almost welcome it since we've lost SO much money on it, we're just feeling it's a weight and not a blessing anymore. So, we'll see what time will bring.

Last week, I took the boys to the beach. It was MONSTER packed, I don't think I've seen so many people at the beach at one time. Too many rainy days here in NH and everyone is trying to cram the fun into what time we have left of the summer. We also went on Sunday evening so Music Man could go and it was a lovely time. The beach was still pretty crowded by the time we left at about 7:00pm, no one wanted to leave such a beautiful place at a beautiful hour. We were feeling much more relaxed after spending some hours with one of us body surfing (the waves were GREAT!), and all feeling the sand between our toes. There are many ways to recognize God in nature, but surely one of my very favorite is spending some time at the ocean. Rejuvenation and uplifting are the two words that describe it for me most.

I've felt my soul long for and somehow bring me to the ocean at many times in my life. When I was very troubled, when I was happy, when I had a lot of thinking to do over a concern in my life and just plan when I need to have some fun. My life does not have nearly enough fun in it at the moment. Music Man and I have resolved that we are going to make that more of a priority in our lives, not only for our own sake, but for the sake of the two little men pounding on the drums in the garage as I (try to!) write this.

I will say that the day I went with just the boys and I, I was really missing my friend Kristen, who used to be my beach buddy before she moved to Texas (where she has no beaches). She is a wonderful soul, and I miss her in my everyday life. So, I spent a few moments digging in the sand, and thinking about how I wish she were there with me. Life physically splits us from people we love sometimes, but never in our hearts. So, I sent her some warm and loving thoughts from a beach so far away from her, and prayed she could come home to New England soon.

Well, I will try to keep up with this blog more often, but honestly, I just can't promise that right now. I hope you're all happy, healthy and resolving to find a little more fun in your own lives.

Peaceful moments of rejuvenation to you, ~Peacemom

No comments: