Monday, September 24, 2012

A Day on the Little Farm

Autumn is arriving here on our little farmstead.  We've yet to name it, I think because it's rented and we don't feel permanence, we've not done it.  Might be time to embrace it enough to name it, but just not sure about that yet.

In any case, I thought you might enjoy seeing what the views are around here today.  Maestro had a field trip today, but he's got a cold and wasn't feeling up to it.  Since I was supposed to chaperone, that gave me an unexpected block of time to do a few things today.  I mowed part of the back field, and watched some bad tv with the boy.  It was nice bonding time for us, and we shared PB&J's for lunch.  Sorry he's sick, but not sorry to have some time to hang with him. 

Just wanted to share some snapshots of my day around here.  I also thought it might be fun to just assign one or two words that the photo brings to my mind with it as well, so here goes...

sniffly
 
 
Rosie Gray
 
 
 Black eyed blooming
 
 
 laying
 
 
   Watchful & proud
 
 
Annoying cacophony
 
 Unsightly property line
 
Woodpecker restaurant
 
 new beginnings
 
 
ACHOO!
 
 
 second cutting
 
 
 almost done
 
 
poison on fire
 
 
deep blue and firelight
 
 
respite
 
 
Well, that was fun.  Off to pick up Little Red from school now...how are things on your little farm this fine autumn day?
 
 
Enjoy your moments, ~Peacemom


1 comment:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Thanks for the tour Vonnie, I enjoyed it very much. Hope your son is on the mend, first cold of the season for me too! I am catching up with my blog reading, these are busy days for many of us. Can you believe I have blog readers who DO NOT enjoy Autumn! I am going to give your muffin recipe a try, it sounds delicious! Greetings, Julie.