Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Moving On

Well, I'll give the jist of what happened here and then I'm gonna move on.  Last Wednesday, 3 days before the company party where he would have received a nice Christmas bonus for a job he felt very worthwhile, 2 weeks from FINALLY closing on our farm, and three weeks before Christmas, my husband along with 1/2 the engineering staff in his company, was laid off.  Again.  They sent his job to China. 

So, not only is he back to looking for another job and feeling quite defeated in the latest round of "it's just business", but we lost the farm.  No one gives you a mortgage if you don't have a job.  Almost 5 months of work for everyone involved and now that dream will belong to someone else.

And the worst part of it all was telling our sons that they weren't going to get that big, wonderful, sunny bedroom or really cool barn.  Their room here is basically not a whole lot larger then a walk in closet.  After all the hours, days and months we spent working on that barn, we're all crushed.  Perhaps so many hurdles in the way along the whole process should have taught us not to keep trying, but we're not quiters.  At least until someone quits on us.

Goodbye Grace Note Farm, we're beyond sad to see you go.

Still grieving it all, ~Peacemom

6 comments:

small farm girl said...

Oh, that's so sad. I really hate to hear that! I can just imagine how defeated you guys feel.

Candace said...

I'm so sorry, Vonnie. My heart breaks for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

aseaman said...

The tears flooding from my eyes are for you and your family. I can't tell you how deeply sorry I am for your loss. I send you love and the biggest of hugs, Mom.

Ruta said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hearing about how hard you worked and how much the farm meant to you, I can only imagine how you all must feel.
I am also experiencing a setback. I had to give away my chickens and rabbits and move back to southern NH. I am now back in my old condo. I just took a long walk in the woods to feel better.
I can empathise.

Ruta said...

I could not get through to your email but getting together for tea sometime sounds wonderful!
My email is ruta_bega@yahoo.com...

Jennifer said...

so so so so so so so sad for you all. feeling your loss...

sending so many good thoughts your families way.