Friday, September 3, 2010

Today, we are waiting...

for Earl and the promise of rain.  It's been WAY too long of a summer, dry as a bone and hot as the dickens and I for one am more then ready to welcome Autumn to my doorstep.  I'm not a summer person anyways, I love the gardening aspect, but other then that I can leave it.  Ten years as a child in Florida just did it for me I guess.  Yes, waiting on Earl and Autumn today.

I'm off to the CSA to pick up this week's offerings...can't wait to see what's in store today!  I got a beautiful sugar baby watermelon last week, along with LOTS of kale and swiss chard...yummy!!  Tomatoes, today, I'm hoping for tomatoes.  And next year, hoping to be picking my own from my own garden again.

Have a great weekend if I don't get back here!  I've got to work on Monday, but if you don't get out and do something fun!

Sweltering too long, ~Peacemom

2 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am with you, bring on Autumn.I am ready for pumpkins, cornstalks, apple picking and more. Lets hope Earl delivers the rain! Have a great weekend!

small farm girl said...

Bring on Fall!!!!!