Friday, September 10, 2010

Fresh from the Farm!

This is today's bounty from NHCSA....Man, I love Fridays!  Today was 2 dinosaur kale bundles (kale chips for date night, my fav!), 1 swiss chard bundle, 4 pattypan squash (so super yummy), 4 jumbo carrots, 3 leeks and a sugar baby watermelon.  Gonna be good eating tonight!



Another bonus, a case of  organic "seconds" tomatoes...20 pounds worth.  I will get about 8 pints of sauce out of those.  They were a gift from my friends that own the CSA in exchange for teaching them how to can tomato sauce. It was a lot of fun, and of course the gift to me being asked to teach them.  That was my honor, they are kindred spirits and I was humbled to be offered the chance to pass along a skill they needed and I could offer.  A life lived in service is a wonderful thing, the chance to feel useful is a blessing unto itself.  The case of tomatoes is just icing on the cake.

Wishing you some autumn harvest bonanza, ~Peacemom

No comments: