Saturday, April 4, 2009

Where have I been?

Hellllooo Everyone out there!

I know, I've not been around. I've been hearing about it, people wondering when am I going to get a new post up here. I promise, it's for a very good reason that I've been away. And way too preoccupied and way too tired. I'm pregnant.

Okay, so perhaps that wasn't so funny, but I made myself chuckle. Everyone seems to want this to be a big cliffhanger, so thought I'd humor my loyal followers. Of course, I'm not pregnant. I did tell you, I'm 40 right?! And those who know me know that I've more then got my hands full with the two little cherubs already graced to me by God. Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Music Man and I did have a way of just springing that news on people when we were at the stage of sharing such news.

No, the real reason I've not been around much is that I've started a new job. It's been exhausting so far. I had to go into the office all last week for training and then this past week I started my real schedule. I work from home 4 days a week and I'm in the office one day a week. My hours are mine to set, so I work 5-10am and then again from 6-8ish at night. My title is "underwriters assistant". I'm basically doing the grunt work for the underwriters at an insurance company. It's all computer work, so I'm on my butt for 6 hours a day, not something I'm at all used to now that I've been in the world of stay at home mom for 6 1/2 years. That's going to take some getting used to because I rarely sit during the day usually.

This job has been a long time coming. I have been diligently hunting for a job I could do from home for almost 3 years now so I could be home for the boys. And finally, staring into the abyss of a recession, I've obtained this job. And, it's a good job. And the people I work for and with are great. And I feel very blessed and more then thankful for this opportunity to help our financially struggling little family unit have some monetary breathing room again. And it allows me to still be home with my boys during the day, getting Maestro off to his bus, fixing them breakfast, lunch and dinner just like always, allowing me to still bring Little Red to his beloved story time at the library and volunteering for the multitudes of PTA happenings and Maestro's classroom, and sitting down to dinner together as a family. And, best of all, I get to kiss them goodnight...EVERY NIGHT. I'm not off working while they are getting into their jammies and reading with Daddy. I do not take these things for granted, I do not overlook the specialness of these occurences in our days. I am so thankful to whatever planets finally aligned (and a little help from my guides in life and sister who tipped me on to the job). I feel very humbled to be able to finally add some more money to our mix and do it in a way that allows me to still be here for the boys just like I've always been. I am sorry that one day a week they are in day care and Little Red has not been adjusting to it well, for that I am sad, but the other 98% of things about it that are wonderful do not get ignored. My heart is proud, humbled and thankful. Grace does happen sometimes when we least expect it.

Anyways, I have been getting up at 4:45 am (thank goodness I'm a morning person, huh?) to take my long commute across the hall, log on the computer, go get a cup of tea and sit down to work while the house is still quiet. I have been working for 2 hours already when Maestro makes his appearance. His inner clock works like mine and he wakes up at 7:00, if not before, every day, no matter what time he went to bed, no matter how tired he is, just like his ol' Ma. I turn on some music and sit in my jammies and work away. I really could not ask for more right now in my life, except for about 6 more hours in the day to replace the time I used to be able to spend on other things that now take a backseat to working.

I will figure out the balance, I'm trying to be patient with myself. It's not easy for me, I have lots of patience with everyone else, but not myself. It's a work in progress. I need to get back to exercising, which I've not had the time to do since I work 6 hours a day now. I will figure out how to still manage the housework, cooking, laundry, running the kids around, all that stuff. I will figure it out, because if there's one thing I am, it's resourceful. I will make it work because I have to. This is too good of an opportunity to pass up. I will make it happen, just like I did finally getting the job.

Anyways, if you've been wondering where I've been, that's it. Happily figuring out my life now that I'm gainfully employed. Just hoping the fatigue gets better soon, too.

Feeling useful again, ~Peacemom

No comments: