Sunday, June 30, 2013

So Saddened

 In the event that you may have been wondering where I've been the last little while...we have been mourning the loss of my mother-in-law, Sandy.  On Father's Day she had an aneurysm, and there was too much damage for the doctors to save her.

The above picture is her with Maestro when he was 3 weeks old.

And when he was finally well enough to actually laugh a little at 5 months, she was the first person he laughed at.  And he belly laughed at her for a long time, it was an amazing moment for me to see the child that did nothing but scream in pain from birth until then, laughing.  She had a magic with her grandkids, that is for sure!

And Grammy with Little Red, she was a great Grammy.  The boys are missing her deeply, as are we all.

And her with Little Red a bit older.  He used to be pretty interested in her glasses because at the time, no one else he knew wore them...now, age having set in, we all do.

And one of the people I know will miss her most is her wonderful son.  I have eluded to the fact that his father was not in his life by choice after he was 12, and his mother had raised him a lot alone anyways as he was deployed a lot.  Music Man has a special place in his heart for his mom.  She did an amazing job at raising a wonderful son to be an even better father and husband, something he did not have any example of in his own life. 



I will miss most her laugh, sense of adventure and hugs.  She worked out every day at the YMCA in her home town and was absolutely, by far, one of the healthiest people I know, my role model.  She had so many friends, it was amazing to see how many people came to her wake. She was very well loved. 

We had other news to report as well, but I'm going to leave this one here.  Sandy, I love you, I miss you and I'm so sorry that our boys didn't get to have you longer.  So sad to have to say goodbye way too soon.

Peace be with you, ~Peacemom

3 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Vonnie, I am so sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere condolence. What a lovely lady your mother in-law was, cherish her memory and keep her spirit tucked safely in your heart. Hugs my friend, Julie.

small farm girl said...

I hate to hear this.... She sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I'm sure she will be missed by many. Sorry.

Jennifer said...

Sorry, sorry for your loss. Thinking of you all and sending many wishes for peace.