Saturday, January 26, 2013

Big. Giant. Suck. Pill.

"God may give you more then your poor bones can ever take"...Iron & Wine's got it right.  See this horse?  This is Sassy.  She resides at the farm adjoining the Olson House in Cushing, Maine.  Made famous by Andrew Wyeth and his many paintings of this homestead, most famous perhaps is "Christina's World".  Sassy spends hours and hours each day she's able to get out to visit the house standing right there in that doorway, just waiting to be let in the house.  She never is let in.  I know how she feels.  We've lost two houses we were trying to buy in two days, one of which we wasted the last 9 weeks trying to make work.  After last years devastating loss, well, this is not welcome news.

In my next life, I will be independently wealthy, I'm ordering it up right now.  Before I meet my new self, I'm putting that order in well ahead of time.

I'm sick of struggling.  My friend Diane tells me I'm an old soul and that's why I have the challenges in my life that I do.  Great.  Glad to know there is some greater reason, because the immediate one sure as hell isn't apparent.

Poor Sassy, I feel your pain, girlfriend.

Tomorrow's gonna be better, right?  ~Peacemom

2 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

What does not kill us makes us stronger...Don't give up Vonnie, dreams do come true... I hope your ankle is healing well, and life returns to normal for you soon. Don't give up on your dream...Blessings, Julie.

Candace said...

I'm so sorry. Julie is right. Do not give up your dream. The right place is waiting for you out there and I know you will find it. You are in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs* Candace