Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holy Cow! Hold on to your seats!

Happy New Year's to you all!!

I have just been going over my finances for 2008. A revealing and sometimes scary prospect for all of us, was it not? I h0pe for a better financial year in 2009. For all of us, so many in our country are struggling to get their feet back on the level ground.

Well, I've told you in an earlier post that I'm a total coupon NUT. I just wanted to take a moment and share with you how much I've saved in 2008 alone. I started this just after the new year last year and have been doing quite well with it since then. So far this year, using coupons, shopping in conjunction with sales, stockpiling quantities, etc., I've been able to save...are you sitting down, because you might need to, I know I did...

$7,523.13. Yes, that's what I said. I had to add it 3 times to make sure I wasn't halucinating the total. I figured that out to be $144 per week average. This now takes me about 3 hours a week to accomplish, so I'm making about $48.00 per hour at my "part time job". Not bad for a stay at home mom. And this is not even counting what I saved by just not buying what we don't absolutely need.

Just thought you'd all enjoy that and perhaps it will inspire someone to give it a try. It's a great moment when I sit back and think about how that's money I kept in our family's pocket, how it's really helped us make it this year. How I'm so greatful that I was shown the way to do this and am able to show others as well.

So, blessings to you in this new year. 2009 is shaping up to be a challenging, but filled with promise year.

Please, go clip a coupon or two, ~Peacemom

No comments: